Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Diwali in USA

Diwali, just the word gets you so exited. But in US, I feel its more like an other day at a friends house having a potluck, taking about economy, work and burning a few fire crackers.
From the time I remember Diwali used to be so special, with holidays, sweets and family together. We used to have Lakshmi pooja at my place that used to go on for a hour or two. We would wait for that so we can statrt lighiting the crackers and eating the sweets. We used to decorate the hosue with oil lamps and burn crackers with all my cousins. Oh what fun it used to be..
I always wonder how Avi would celebrate diwali, will he atleast know why we celebrate Diwali or he might say its stupid to celebrate a festical because God killed some bad guy!
He might as well say mom you guys used to polute the environment so much..
Well this year I managed to get a few crackers, hope he enjoys it!

No comments: